About Residential Treatment

Here are answers to some frequently asked questions from parents and referral sources about our Residential Treatment services. Please contact us online or call 800-221-1995 if you have other questions.

Who can refer a child

Parents, legal guardians and clinical providers can refer a child to our program with a recommendation from a licensed clinical professional. Our admissions staff works closely with all people involved to determine if a child will benefit from our residential treatment.

How long will I wait for an admission decision?

Typically, our staff can make a determination within two hours. Working with insurance providers for approval may take longer, up to a day or two. Our staff has relationships with many insurance providers, who understand the level of care we offer.

What insurances do you accept?

We accept most commercial insurances, and we are a TRICARE-approved facility. We accept TRICARE East, TRICARE West, TRICARE SOS, as well as TRICARE Prime and Select. We are also approved for Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina Medicaid.

What do you mean by military-connected?

Military-connected refers to a family where either parent currently serves in or has retired from any branch of the U.S. military.

What geographic area do you serve?

We accept children from anywhere. Children and teens have come to us from more than three dozen states, as well as from families stationed outside of the U.S., in Europe, Asia and elsewhere.

What's an "open campus" environment?

Our 32-acre campus resembles a private school or small college campus, with no institutional “feel.” Most buildings, except for Administration, are locked for safety and security. Our staff members accompany children as they walk to and from the dorms, school, gym, clinical offices and cafeteria.

What are some diagnoses that make a child appropriate for your program?

We accept children with a wide range of mental health diagnoses, including higher functioning children on the autism spectrum. Children must be verbal and able to complete activities of daily living on their own. Other diagnoses include depression, anxiety, attachment disorder, bipolar disorder, PTSD and ADHD.

How can I stay connected with my child while in treatment?

Family therapy is a vital part of our treatment program. Parents may visit the campus at any time, and call to speak with their child. Parents work with unit managers and therapists to schedule therapy and calls.

Do you help out-of-state families with travel or lodging?

We often work with several community partners including a Ronald McDonald House and Mercy Medical Angels to help some families who are traveling to visit children.

What can I bring or send to my child while in treatment?

We provide a family handbook, which details what children can have while on campus. Please check with your child’s unit manager if you have questions.

How do you ensure my child will stay on track with school?

We understand that school can be a huge stressor for many of our residents. We work closely with each child’s teachers and parents to find the best curriculum and setting to keep them on track. Our teachers work alongside other staff to ensure each child receives the attention and support needed to succeed academically.

Does my child have to participate in religious services?

All religious services are voluntary. We do find many children and teens appreciate the services, either by helping organize them or attending. Our spiritual counselor is available to help residents of any faith tradition.

Apply For Jobs

Apply Today

View Opening Positions
Learn More

Refer a Child

Refer a Child

Take the next step and help a child in need.
Learn More

Donate Today

Donate Today

Create the defining moment for a child.
Learn More

Get Your Free Brochure Now

"*" indicates required fields